Natural ventilation is an energy efficient way of providing environmental control in buildings. In winter it’s important to control openings according to air quality so that buildings are not over-ventilated leading to excessive heating consumption. In summer, natural ventilation openings are used to purge air from the space and provide cooling. An extension of this may involve operating openings at night to provide night time cooling of the building fabric which will improve space temperatures the following day.
atBOS Natural Vent Control is an extension of HVAC control to interface with automated openings in the building fabric. It is appropriate for any scale of building, and includes control hardware and software.
- Wireless communication means that installation only requires power connection and can be carried out by a system does not require separate communication cabling
- Simple user interface via physical interface such as switch or Atamate HAZETM
- Single technology platform means full integration with control of HVAC and Shading to optimise performance and occupant experience
- Manual control can be achieved through shared controls, such as the Atamate HAZETM or the web based user interface
- Given that infrastructure is shared with other elements of atBOS and only power connections are required, first costs are low
- Optimising the operation of Natural Ventilation systems will result in reduced energy consumption and therefore lower bills
atBOS uses a range of pre-programmed strategies to control natural ventilation systems in a building. These range from simple zone based occupancy and air quality sensing, through to advanced Machine Learning (ML) which has potential to account for predicted weather patterns such as wind direction.
Further details of the Natural Vent Control include:
atBOS software will control most natural ventilation controls using the following methods:
Volt free contact, open/close relays for proprietary systems
Connection to third party proprietary control systems through industry standard open protocols such as Modbus and BACnet
Note that a proprietary control actuator should always be used where finger trap is an issue
Open/close relays or 0-10V analogue signals for automated trickle vents
Open/close relays or 0-10V analogue signals for actuators to ventilation louvres or panels
Direct native mesh wireless communication.
Reduce energy and provide an ideal indoor environment
DOOR ENTRY CONTROL
Improve the peace of mind of occupants and protect assets
Well planned lighting that improves occupant well being
Overheating mitigation and improved comfort