Climate control systems such as heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems ensure that buildings provide a comfortable and productive internal environment for occupants. The buildings sector accounts for around 20% of energy consumption worldwide and the majority of this will be used by climate control systems.
Industry research has also illustrated significant, so-called, ‘performance gaps’ between the estimated energy consumption at design stage and the actual energy consumption which was recorded in use.
Accurate control of these systems including hot water is vital to ensure that this energy consumption is minimised. The atBOS Climate Control app is appropriate for any scale of building, and includes control hardware and software.
- The atBOS family of devices is small but highly adaptable so design is straightforward.
- Wireless communication leads to significant reduction in structured cabling for a building
- Mesh devices only require power so installation is simple by any certified electrician
- Realtime data and alerts to support maintenance teams
- Easy to use User Interface with different controls depending on user, ie occupant, facilities manager, building manager
- Single technology platform for all building functionality
- Different service functions share common infrastructure simplifying the installation
- Data from sensors and devices can be shared across functions to improve performance, for example, activating an entry control door can start preconditioning a bedroom
- Incorporate any 3rd party HVAC component
- All elements on the building visible on common ‘Single Pane of Glass’ (SPOG) User Interface
- Accurate control leads to reduced energy consumption and lower utility bills
- Low first cost due to wireless nature of devices simplifying the installation and reduced commissioning period
- Advanced control can allow simpler HVAC systems to be used leading to further capital savings
- Small footprint wireless devices means system is easily retrofittable to existing buildings
- Data gathered by platform can be used to create value through improving building management
atBOS uses a range of pre-programmed strategies to control climate control systems in a building. These range from simple zone based thermostatic controls to advanced Machine Learning (ML). They are used depending on the requirements of the building owners and occupants as well as the systems being controlled.
atBOS can interface with the majority of common climate control devices using a combination of the following methods:
DOOR ENTRY CONTROL
Improve the peace of mind of occupants and protect assets
Well planned lighting that improves occupant well being
NATURAL VENT CONTROL
Energy efficient environmental control
Overheating mitigation and improved comfort