In modern buildings where the thermal envelope has a high level of insulation and therefore thermal performance overheating has become a much more significant issue. The management of internal heat gain is therefore a key issue and solar gain is one of the key sources.
atBOS Shading Control allows the control of external shades, blinds or curtains to minimise unwanted solar gain whilst maintaining appropriate levels of ambient light. The system also has the potential to ensure beneficial solar heat gain is maximised in winter to reduce heating loads.
atBOS Shading Control is appropriate for any scale of building, and includes control hardware and software.
- Wireless communication means that installation only requires power connection and can be carried out by a system does not require separate communication cabling
- Simple user interface via physical interface such as switch or Atamate HAZETM
- Easy to set up and run based on a calendar or automatically from sensors.
- Single technology platform means full integration with control of atBOS HVAC and Natural Vent Control to optimise performance and occupant experience
- Manual control can be achieved through shared controls, such as the Atamate HAZETM or the web based user interface
- Given that infrastructure is shared with other elements of atBOS and only power connections are required, first costs are low
- Optimising the operation of shading systems will result in reduced energy consumption and therefore lower bills
atBOS uses a range of pre-programmed strategies to control shading systems in a building. These range from simple zone based occupancy and temperature sensing, through to advanced Machine Learning (ML) which has potential to account for predicted weather patterns such as cloud cover.
atBOS software will control most blind and curtain motors using the following methods:
Reduce energy and provide an ideal indoor environment
Well planned lighting that improves occupant well being
DOOR ENTRY CONTROL
Improve the peace of mind of occupants and protect assets
NATURAL VENT CONTROL
Energy efficient environmental control